Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skaero
Visitor

Unique Channel Store name

I went to submit a public Roku Channel that I had originally setup as a private channel (for testing) but I got the following error:
Roku requires that names for channels within the Channel Store are unique. The name you have selected for your channel is not available. Please select a different name.

When I looked around I found out that private channels and public channels can't have the same name so I renamed the private channel and uploaded a new version with a different name but I'm still getting the error when I try to submit the public Roku Channel with the original name. I changed the private channels name a day or two ago, how long will it take before I can submit the app?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Unique Channel Store name

You may need to delete the private channel. Renaming might not be sufficient.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
skaero
Visitor

Re: Unique Channel Store name

"TheEndless" wrote:
You may need to delete the private channel. Renaming might not be sufficient.

Thats what I'm afraid of, we already have a some users testing the private channel and don't want to kick them off if it is at all possible.
0 Kudos