Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aadhira

Trick Play thumbnails Creation

Hai There,

I am trying to generate Trick play thumbnails from the last week and I'm not able to understand how it's done. Can somebody help me to provide the steps for thumbnail creation? please

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: Trick Play thumbnails Creation

You can refer to this example provided by Roku.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

If you need assistance with this let me know. There's a poster here Baradantiko who has some pretty good software for it. It's more for 'Direct Publisher' but the BIF creation & file is the same. Just some faking of data entry like Show Name, Title, Duration etc to write up a fake feed file. Then I ignored the file and just uploaded my BIF's. Worked really well.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You don't need to use the Json Feed Manager for DP to generate BIF files. I've also developed a stand alone product (Trick Play File Manager) that creates BIF files.  It's available on GitHub below in my signature.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
rediscover

Where do you upload the bif's to? I think that is where I'm getting lost. Once it is created, where should they be?

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

@rediscover wrote:

Where do you upload the bif's to? I think that is where I'm getting lost. Once it is created, where should they be?

Just a webhost, and give it a url that you link to.  Like www.mywebsite .com/files/video1.bif.  I don't know the specifics for SDK as far as how & where to link to it in your package file and nodes, but it would be a url similar to that.

0 Kudos