Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blashadow
Reel Rookie

Third party iOS App

Hello,

I've created a Simple App using the External remote API exposed by any Roku device, but the app got rejected by the Apple review team, and they send me this message:

"Your app includes content or features from Roku, or is marketed to control external hardware from Roku, without the necessary authorization."

After that message and send to them the Docs for the external API and the response that it didn't give them the necessary information that allows me to create such an app with that api, and they also give me this message:

"You can attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect. Once you have submitted the necessary authorization, we can continue with your app’s review."

if anyone wondering why I'm creating another app for Roku it's mostly because I'm from LATAM and all others apps contain a lot of ads and it's almost impossible to use them

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
Malkoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Third party iOS App

I am also struggling to get an answer to this. Please respond

0 Kudos
blashadow
Reel Rookie

After a couple of tries, I was able to make the app to the AppStore, one of the things that I think makes that possible was That I send a link to the docs and also explain to them that this API does not have any restrictions or paid subscription. I hope this may help others.

Malkoo
Reel Rookie

Thanks for you reply. I tried twice and my update was rejected both of the times. I shared the link and documentation and told them that the Apis are open to use but this time they removed my previous version of the app from the app store too.
Don’t know how to proceed.  

0 Kudos
Amilaza

Hi @blashadow,

Sorry because I reply too late.
I got the same problem too.

Could you please help me clarify the way that you resolved it?
Which is the link to the docs that you provided to Apple?
And how can you explained to Apple that this API does not have any restrictions or paid subscriptions?

0 Kudos
mn17

Hi, I have the same problem too, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
funnstudio

Re: Third party iOS App reviewing in AppStore

Excuse me,

What's the link to the docs?Can you paste it to us?

0 Kudos