Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

The issue with Static analysis for publishing a public channel

I tried to publish a public channel in the Roku channel store. and refer to this documentation. First I uploaded a channel using a direct publisher. then the last two days I try to the same channel convert and update with Developer SDK. So, here I see only 3 extra fields 1. package upload. 2. Deep linking 3. Static Analysis.

I updated 2 fields. and I also tried to update static Analysis and click analyze. But Here Doesn't affect anything. I click many times. But no luck. Does Static Analysis is required only a non-certified channel? And my Schedule publishing button is disabled like below.

Schedule Publishing Button.PNG

I also checked every information is filled.

✔ Properties / Updated
✔ Channel Store Info / Updated
✔ Monetization / Updated
✔ Package Upload / Updated
    Static Analysis
✔ Deep Linking / Updated
✔ Support Information / Updated

Static Analysis is showing like this below.

StaticAnalyze.PNG

Many times I clicked on the Analyze button and wait half an hour or more than one hour. and refresh the page But still no luck. I found one new blog regarding publishing a channel. I also tried with a different browser. But no luck. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Here the below image is Schedule My Channel Release But this is also disabled. It will enable when the static analysis is done.

ScheduleMyChannelRelease.PNG

I refer to this documentation for a static analysis tool. and I also try with a static analysis tool But It's crashed in My PC. I tried with 3 PCs. But the result is the same. Is there any other way to do static analysis for the channel.

Users are frustrating. Because My old version also removed. I do not click schedule publishing Button. Because this is disabled. Simply I convert direct publisher to Developer SDK. Is there any reason why my old version is removed from the channel store.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RobMich
Channel Surfer

Re: The issue with Static analysis for publishing a public channel

I had issues getting the Static Analysis tool to run locally as well.  You'll need to get openJDK11 for it to work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RobMich wrote:

I had issues getting the Static Analysis tool to run locally as well.  You'll need to get openJDK11 for it to work.

You gotta be kidding!  I need to have Java to update channels?!  What stupid-ass thing will Roku come up with next?!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does the OpenJDK11 fix the issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Now, On the Website, Static Analysis is Work for me. I clicked on the analyze button. But, It does not show anything. It displays after a day change. I think it takes more time because of COVID19.

0 Kudos