Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gil_Dawson
Level 7

Testing in SD Mode

Upon inquiry, I learned that testing my channel for SD mode compliance can be done by placing my Roku device into 4:3 mode via Home -> Settings -> Display type... Unfortunately my 4200X - Roku 3 does not appear to have a 4:3 mode.

Which Roku device would you recommend that I purchase in order to test my channel for SD compliance?

--Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
5 Replies
lmarder
Level 7

Re: Testing in SD Mode

I use a Roku 2 Model 2720X. Allows you to switch to 4x3 standard, 16:9 widescreen, 720p HDTV, and 108p HDTV
0 Kudos
Komag
Level 9

I thought "every" Roku could do SD mode. Maybe Roku 3 is the only one that doesn't?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

"Komag" wrote:
I thought "every" Roku could do SD mode. Maybe Roku 3 is the only one that doesn't?

The Roku 3, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku TVs are all limited to HD resolutions. I'm not sure about the new Roku 2, but I suspect it might be as well.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Gil_Dawson
Level 7

Thanks, Imarder. I appreciate the recommendation.

--Gil
--Gil
0 Kudos
Komag
Level 9

"TheEndless" wrote:
The Roku 3, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku TVs are all limited to HD resolutions. I'm not sure about the new Roku 2, but I suspect it might be as well.

Ah, those others make sense. And yes, reviews of the new Roku 2 confirm it only has HDMI just like Roku 3
0 Kudos