Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogamerge
Visitor

Testing in SD Mode Question

Hey guys, trying to test channel in SDTV mode on ruku, but every time I put roku display mode into SD, and then restart, the player can't connect to internet, if I switch it back to HDTV mode it connects perfectly, seems very strange. Tried to get help from roku chat support, but they couldn't figure it out. any ideas? Thanks much!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Testing in SD Mode Question

It might have help if you provide detailed info on your setup - what player model #, how it is connected to internet, how it is connected to TV.

Speaking blind, i'd say "interference". Use ethernet cable to connect to router instead of WiFi, if possible (and if not, change WiFi channel etc). Try different (shielded?) video cable.
0 Kudos
yogamerge
Visitor

Sure, it's an older roku XDs, connected via wifi, connected to tv via hdmi. It's just so odd to me that changing display mode would affect connecting to wifi? Thanks much.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

That is really strange, sounds like some kind of electromagnetic shielding problem, possibly a defective unit, but first try moving the device to different locations in your house, and try Ethernet. You might also try doing a hard reset on the device by holding down the reset button with a pen for 30+ seconds.

- Joel
0 Kudos
yogamerge
Visitor

Thanks much, will try without wifi to see what happens!
0 Kudos
yogamerge
Visitor

Just to let you know, I was able to connect while in SDTV mode once I used Ethernet, still have no idea why it won't connect using wifi while in SDTV mode, but now I can test in SD Mode.
0 Kudos