Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
japzone
Visitor

Re: Roku PHP Remote

"YungBlood" wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see an IR keyboard. 🙂

I don't want to have to buy another thing. I'd rather be able to use something I already have. And besides, I want a Wireless Solution so I can Control the Roku when I'm away from it and I don't have an iTouch or iPhone.
*Disclaimer*
I don't claim to be Undeniably Right. Most of my answers are based off of Pure fact, but Some are the Personal Opinions of Myself. Please take them in stride and don't Flame me if I get Something wrong.
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

Ill work on AJAXing it when I get home

Also, Any Idea how we can make something like a queue for requests for the keyboard, so its not all sent to the roku at once
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

any luck on the keyboard?

the keyboard layout is on the docs of the SDK, if you cant find it let me know...

I will work on the ajax if you dont have the time...

I had some other things to get done the last few days but hoping to get the Iptv My way channel ready for beta by the weekend
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
any luck on the keyboard?

the keyboard layout is on the docs of the SDK, if you cant find it let me know...

I will work on the ajax if you dont have the time...

I had some other things to get done the last few days but hoping to get the Iptv My way channel ready for beta by the weekend

I got the AJAX on the buttons working, its just the keyboard thats the hard part, I was thinking on everytime an onKeyUp event was sent, it would add the key pressed to an array that would be the request queue, so all the requests dont get sent at once, do you think that will work?
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

hmm... what about a keyboard of images? i could do that and make it a touch screen out of it

because honestly i have no idea about that other part! LOL... i did notice it made everything go haywire when you hit enter

did you test it on your iphone?

edit... also can you upload the ajax code you used? im tired of this refresh! lol
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
hmm... what about a keyboard of images? i could do that and make it a touch screen out of it

because honestly i have no idea about that other part! LOL... i did notice it made everything go haywire when you hit enter

did you test it on your iphone?

edit... also can you upload the ajax code you used? im tired of this refresh! lol

Here you go:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7497342/iphoneajax.zip

And also, if you go up too many times on the keyboard, will it go back to the previous screen?

EDIT: I also included a little telnet simulator
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

well i am gonna let people play with this in the main forum.

the one im submitting for the beta will be with out keyboard for now...

i will mess with it more this week as well. but as is was if you hit the submit on the text part it was not sending the ip any longer...

I was originally using it for me to get the IP like this:
$ip=$REMOTE_ADDR;

maybe should go back to that or use a option if you use no ip or dyn dns... i figure we'll let the forum guys play with it and give opinions.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Out of respect to you, dynamitemedia, I'll post this here rather than in the main thread you posted about the remote...

If I'm reading this thread and the main forum thread correctly, it seems that you're encouraging folks to expose their Roku's to the internet to use a web based remote... ?? That sounds like a very very bad idea to me, as it would allow anyone who knows their external IP to control their Roku. I'd strongly encourage you to, at the very least, explain this exposure in the thread, if not remove it completely, before the less technical forum members get caught out by someone more malicious.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
well i am gonna let people play with this in the main forum.

the one im submitting for the beta will be with out keyboard for now...

i will mess with it more this week as well. but as is was if you hit the submit on the text part it was not sending the ip any longer...

I was originally using it for me to get the IP like this:
$ip=$REMOTE_ADDR;

maybe should go back to that or use a option if you use no ip or dyn dns... i figure we'll let the forum guys play with it and give opinions.

Okay, I fixed it by adding a hidden form with the ip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7497342/mainRemote.php

EDIT: I've setup an easy to use webserver package here, I just need people to test it (Download it again if you downloaded it before 4:30 on 9/22/10)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7497342/mowes.zip

EDIT 2: Are these the two keyboards that the roku uses?

0 Kudos
japzone
Visitor

Yes those are the two keyboards.
*Disclaimer*
I don't claim to be Undeniably Right. Most of my answers are based off of Pure fact, but Some are the Personal Opinions of Myself. Please take them in stride and don't Flame me if I get Something wrong.
0 Kudos