Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gundam212
Visitor

TMSID via ECP

I am working on an application that utilizes the search function of the external control protocol and it seems that in all my testing that the TMSIDs are not working. Even the example search provided.

curl -d '' '<IP-address>:8060/search/browse?keyword=lego&type=movie&tmsid=MV005011860000'

This should yield a search result of the lego movie on the roku for a given IP address, but instead it just gives a "No search results." message. 

Are the TMSIDs broken?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: TMSID via ECP

What do you mean by example search?  Usually the variable is contentid or playid for deep linking.
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Deep+Linking
0 Kudos
gundam212
Visitor

In my case not deep linking, but instead remote initiated search, via the External Control Protocol API.

Found here:

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... API-search
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Interesting.  Thanks for that.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"gundam212" wrote:
I am working on an application that utilizes the search function of the external control protocol and it seems that in all my testing that the TMSIDs are not working. Even the example search provided.
curl -d '' '<IP-address>:8060/search/browse?keyword=lego&type=movie&tmsid=MV005011860000

This should yield a search result of the lego movie on the roku for a given IP address, but instead it just gives a "No search results." message. 

Are the TMSIDs broken?

Hm, they should be working but i could not make the example work either. I'll ask around - in the mean time/in parallel i suggest you open a ticket on that - email partnersuccess@roku.com about the issue so it gets into the support pipeline
0 Kudos
gundam212
Visitor

"RokuNB" wrote:
Hm, they should be working but i could not make the example work either. I'll ask around - in the mean time/in parallel i suggest you open a ticket on that - email partnersuccess@roku.com about the issue so it gets into the support pipeline

Thank you for the info. I've sent a support request as suggested. 
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

We confirmed there is a regression - in that ECP search does not work with TMSID included in the search. TMSIDs are fine at large, it's just that particular corner (ECP search) that currently returns 0 results if "&tmsid=..." is included in the URL. Till fixed, I suggest not including TMSID in ECP Search calls and thus perhaps get broader, inexact match rather than no results at all.
0 Kudos