Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andysmith1965
Streaming Star

Subtitles not working

Jump to solution
I'm implementing subtitles in an app. I'm using the standard approach of setting the video content subtitleConfig with the relevant data. I'm using vtt files. However, I'm not seeing any subtitles appearing. I then created a simple app app just consisting of a video component. I used exactly the same video content as the real app, and the subtitles displayed. Can anyone suggest what could be happening? Regards Andy
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andysmith1965
Streaming Star

Re: Subtitles not working

Jump to solution

Aha, I discovered the issue, apparently the video node width was set to 1281 instead of 1280. As a result this stopped the subtitles from displaying!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andysmith1965
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Aha, I discovered the issue, apparently the video node width was set to 1281 instead of 1280. As a result this stopped the subtitles from displaying!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Embeded subtitles in mp4 are not working. Subtitles work when played on VLC.  Subtitles work on my old WDTV Live.  What is the solution? Playback is from media server WD My Cloud

Thank you

0 Kudos
colorbluecookie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  • Mine isn't working either
0 Kudos
colorbluecookie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

can you get the korean captions to work on all channels please i need them for myself and my family.

0 Kudos