Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devnullpointer
Streaming Star

Subscription causing issues on day of renewal

So I've been experiencing this issue on my channel using the subscription model as found on the example on the git repo.

On the day of their subscription renewal, users are prompted with the subscription popup with the available subscription, even if they opted for recurring billing with their initial subscription. If they proceed to select a sub option on the popup there will be a payment error shown and then they are kicked out of the channel.

24 hours after the subscription expiration and the recurring billing has processed the users are able to reaccess the channel. This only happens on the day of the subscription expiration.

Some help with what changes I need to make on the subscription code from the example source to make sure that recurring billing users don't get this inconvenient sequence of events.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mb20
Reel Rookie

Re: Subscription causing issues on day of renewal

Me to renewed a subscription today on Paromount  I went through Roku payment , went to get my paromount plus , and it ask me to subscribe .  I am using it on Roku. 

0 Kudos
devnullpointer
Streaming Star

Sounds like Paramount is using the same subscription example code I am causing their users the same problem.

0 Kudos
devnullpointer
Streaming Star

@RokuJonathanD any ideas why the template model is causing this issue? I have numerous emails from subscribers that experience the same issue the day of their renewal but the next day everything is back to normal...

0 Kudos
devnullpointer
Streaming Star

Hey @RokuJonathanD . Its been a few months and no replies on this issue apparently lots of us are experiecing when we use the subscription example in our channels. Users experiencing requests to resubscribe and being locked out of the channel for 12-24 hours on the day of their renewal..

0 Kudos