Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig0678
Visitor

Stream content from Internet Subscription sit to TV via Roku

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if i should post this here or in the Roku General forum, so I did both hoping for an answer.

I want to get a subscription to rangerstv.tv so I can watch streamed Rangers' games and content. My dilemma is I don't want to watch it on my computer and the computer is a desktop on a different floor from the tv. I have a ROKU and am hoping I can either:

(A) Stream the footage from rangerstv.tv to my Mac, then to the tv via my Roku.
or
(B) Stream the Rangers footage directly to the tv via the ROKU without the need for my Mac.

Does anyone know if either of these options is possible? The tv and Mac are at least 100' apart and the tv is not wireless, although my network is wireless in the house.

I am contemplating learning how to create a private channel just for this but not sure if that would work either. I don't want to distribute the content, I just want to conveniently watch the games on my tv.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Stream content from Internet Subscription sit to TV via

Ask the NHL?
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
Ask the NHL?

I think he's looking for the Associated Football Club Rangers, not the NHL/MLB Rangers.

Looks like those streams are flash, unless they have alternate (iOS/HLS) versions, I don t think you are going to find an official method for rangertv.tv
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
saidra12

gfsdfsdfsd

0 Kudos