Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliott
Visitor

Source and Manifest

Hello all. New to the forum. I looked for the answer to this question, but cannot find it. I am hoping someone will help me with a little information.

I keep zipping up my files to put into the packager (I am using winace). I put the image folder, the source folder and the manifest in the zip file (for the videoplayer app).

When I run the debugger, I keep getting a message that the source files and manifest file are not in the pkg file. I don't understand this because when I extract the files I zipped up the source folder and manifest file are in the zip.

Will someone please tell me why these files are not being recognized by the program? Is there a special way to zip them? By the way, lately when I package the zip, I get a warning that reads the files exceed size limit, but I am zipping the exact same files that are in the example.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Source and Manifest

When you sideload the zip file, does the channel run properly?
0 Kudos
dsfilms
Visitor

having same problem,

and no the channel does not show up on the roku at all, when I load it the roku box bleeps but the channel is not there, and I check the debugger and it says ---- script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive

frustrating but Im sure its my extream lack of knowledge, first time ever trying to program anything....
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

If your file size is over 500K it won't load. Try reducing the size of your images.
0 Kudos
dsfilms
Visitor

it was over but then I reduced it, that didnt work so then what I did to test was I extracted an example file did absolutely nothing to it then reziped it uploaded and the same issue, it seems something gets broken in the extract or the rezip.

thanks for responding!!!
0 Kudos
nowhereman
Visitor

"dsfilms" wrote:
having same problem,

and no the channel does not show up on the roku at all, when I load it the roku box bleeps but the channel is not there, and I check the debugger and it says ---- script directory "/source" does not exist in zip archive

frustrating but Im sure its my extream lack of knowledge, first time ever trying to program anything....

You might also double check that your source folder is indeed at the root of your zip file and that your zip utility isn't adding your whole project directory to the zip. That is to say, it needs to be project.zip/source/ as opposed to project.zip/project/source/
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
dsfilms
Visitor

ohhhhh that might be it! let me check!
0 Kudos
dsfilms
Visitor