Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newperceptions
Streaming Star

Relationship between manifest file and scenegraph

I'm not a Roku developer but do understand the basics of what's happening with channel creation in scene graph. What I don't understand is how the manifest file relates to the fields that I see in RALE. For example, many of the nodes have similar attributes (like width, scale, rotation, etc.) What links the manifest attributes to a specific node?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Relationship between manifest file and scenegraph

Short answer: nothing.

If you take a look at the Manifest documentation you'll see the attributes are mostly used to affect the UI of your channel and its behavior.  It is not directly related to a node object.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Re: Relationship between manifest file and scenegraph

To understand this we can ta;lk plain english!

You need a battery to start a car, but you need a gererator to charge the battery!

The manifest is like the key code to start the channel, it has some info that is called by some scripts and nodes to build the grid or display!

RALE doesnt need the manifest it needs the nodes! but the nodes may need info from the scripts and manifest!

If one peice of the puzzle is off the channel will not build or display!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.