Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Something changed in the new firmware - App Kill

Yup,
Prodigious Juggalo
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Although the STOP command will exit your program, it will also upload the stack trace to our servers and get your channel highlighted in a negative way by our channel quality reports internally at Roku.

The STOP command is meant as a debugging tool, not as an error handler, and definitely not as an easy way to exit your application.

I'll take this as an enhancement request for an "Exit" keyword that would simply exit the app.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

Does that apply for code errors as well, or just when stop is called explicitly?

Also, is there a way to the developer to get access to some of this data statistically? I can see a stack trace possibly containing user information that you don't want to send to developers, but having info that you app crashes for X customers using it out of Y times run and crashes most frequently at point Z would be a wonderful thing.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

"RokuKevin" wrote:
Although the STOP command will exit your program, it will also upload the stack trace to our servers and get your channel highlighted in a negative way by our channel quality reports internally at Roku.

The STOP command is meant as a debugging tool, not as an error handler, and definitely not as an easy way to exit your application.

I'll take this as an enhancement request for an "Exit" keyword that would simply exit the app.

--Kevin

Has this been implemented?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"SolveLLC" wrote:
"RokuKevin" wrote:
--Kevin

Has this been implemented?

Calling "End" should do a clean exit now.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:

Calling "End" should do a clean exit now.

Perfect...thanks.
0 Kudos