Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fortscan
Visitor

Since 04-22: New private channels not loading

Hi,

We have been experiencing this problem since last friday. Private channels packaged and published since that day don't show at the channel lineup when trying to manually load them (linking URL with code, entering/exitint Channel Store manually).

We tested with 3 different Roku units, each with different accounts.

We also tested that private channels packaged/published prior to that date work without problems, and load almost instantly at the channel lineup.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Would it be possible to get Roku's confirmation regarding the fact that they might be experiencing server issues, specifically for new private channels (packaged/published since last friday up to now)?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Since 04-22: New private channels not loading

I just had a strange problem trying to update a private channel, but I don't know if it's related. I updated two channels, one of which was very old and the other was two weeks old. The older channel I already had on the box, but the newer one I had not added to this particular box yet. When I added the newer channel and entered and exited the Channel Store, the older channel updated, but the newer channel added the pre-updated version of the channel. I removed it and added it again with the same result. Then I uploaded the package again, but upped the version number and changed the Minimum Firmware Version to 3.0 b2128. Then when I entered and exited the Channel Store I got the updated version. Pretty weird.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tensen
Visitor

Along with the issue I had an old version of a sideloaded channel appear on my channel lineup. While the newer version was already on the box as a a private channel and a normally sideloaded channel was still accessible. It was able to be removed via the *, which you usually can't do with a sideloaded channel.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

I'm not aware of any channel store outage.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
tensen
Visitor

Today those missing channels appeared after I left the channel store.
0 Kudos
fortscan
Visitor

Something definitely changed at Roku servers level since last friday.

For any new private channel (published after last friday), the "manual" channel lineup update procedure stopped working. In other words, even after trying several times to enter/exit Channel Store, the channel is NOT installed. The channel is then eventually installed after several hours (most are installed the next day).

This happens only to private channels published since last friday. We have tested and verified this with several channels and on several Roku DVPs.

Roku Team: could you please check this? It severly limits the capacity of developers to update channel code and see the updates in the published channels.

The steps to repeat the procedure are very simple: create any new private channel, publish it, access linking URL, then try to enter/exit Channel Store from the DVP, and you will notice that the channel is not installed.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

The other day i had some issues with one of my private channels as well... in fact even the one i have in submission stage was taking a long time to show the updated version
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I can confirm that I've also been having similar problems with updating private channels via the usual enter/exit channel store method. It's almost like the upload server and the channel store server are slow to sync. Maybe clock skew or something?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This is a confirmed issue with the cache settings on our CDN. I will send a follow on post when we've resolved this. Until fixed, it should result in delays to the CDN being updated with new application additions and deletions.

Our target for a fix is by the end of the week.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This is now resolved. You should now be able to publish your private channels and see them update on boxes within a few minutes.

--Kevin
0 Kudos