Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrave
Channel Surfer

install rates for pay apps

Does anyone have any experience with typical install rates of paying apps (apps paid for through the channel store, not through 3rd party infrastructure) on Roku & how it compares with free app install rates?

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kbenson
Visitor

Re: install rates for pay apps

For Reversi, the sales have always been rather low (it settled into approximately a sale a day after the first couple of months), but the Lite version does brisk (free) business. There's 463 installs so far this month. The usage statistics we collect show that the full version gets quite a few less plays as well, but does seem to hold players attention for longer. If I had more time I'm sure I could make better use of this information.

P.S. Other developers have mentioned to me that they've gotten better results for games, but not by huge amount. I suspect until we see some next generation (using 3.0 SDK) games from Roku that get users used to buying games, there won't be a huge draw.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

I'd imagine the numbers vary wildly based on the type of content being offered. My instant watch browser has about a 5:1 ratio of Lite vs Full installs.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
I'd imagine the numbers vary wildly based on the type of content being offered. My instant watch browser has about a 5:1 ratio of Lite vs Full installs.

I agree. My intention was to link my numbers to games specifically (since that may be all they even remotely apply to). Even then there still are probably many variables that influence the purchase unrelated to the application genre.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos