Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

SetUserSignedIn() - what does it do?!

roAppManager got recently^ added method SetUserSignedIn(signedIn as Boolean) as Void and i don't get it, what does it do? What's the point of app telling Roku player user is signed-in or signed-out - if the app cannot ask the player back about it?

The part "If the channel is removed, then the firmware will call SetUserSignedIn(false) on the channel's behalf." seems to imply this is some kind of service Roku provides for the channel, e.g. app should be able to ask the player if user is supposed to be logged in - but there is no such function.

(^) which firmware version and up?! why nobody bothers to mark the version, if there are still fw 5 out there?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SetUserSignedIn() - what does it do?!

"EnTerr" wrote:
roAppManager got recently^ added method SetUserSignedIn(signedIn as Boolean) as Void and i don't get it, what does it do? What's the point of app telling Roku player user is signed-in or signed-out - if the app cannot ask the player back about it?

The part "If the channel is removed, then the firmware will call SetUserSignedIn(false) on the channel's behalf." seems to imply this is some kind of service Roku provides for the channel, e.g. app should be able to ask the player if user is supposed to be logged in - but there is no such function.

(^) which firmware version and up?! why nobody bothers to mark the version, if there are still fw 5 out there?

I don't have answers for your questions, but I'll note that this was added in firmware 7.1:
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... 14/05/2016

A note has been added to the ifAppManager doc page about the firmware version availability.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Thank you, RokuKC.

Where is the small army of "developer evangelists" hired, when one needs one?
Hear, hear! - there is a question to answer here
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

So what does setUserSignedIn() really do?

[spoiler=enquiring minds want to know:10bhs6yp][/spoiler:10bhs6yp]
0 Kudos