Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Screenshot feature is freezing Roku

I'm trying to get the snapshots of a new channel using the "Utilities" and this is freezing my Roku HD (firmware 4.9 build 5061) anyone else with the same problem?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Screenshot feature is freezing Roku

Make sure you're trying to capture a screenshot with the box set to HD. Trying to take SD screenshots seems to crash the box.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

yep, I can't take screenshots from either of my HDs either (same version same build), even though a HD is my primary dev roku, I have to take all my screenshots from an XS.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"TheEndless" wrote:
Make sure you're trying to capture a screenshot with the box set to HD. Trying to take SD screenshots seems to crash the box.

I have it in HD but no good, still freezes. I have to use my Roku 1 to get the screenshots.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:

I have it in HD but no good, still freezes. I have to use my Roku 1 to get the screenshots.

Yeah, I confirmed the same on my Roku HD. There was a bug in the not too distant past where the Roku 2 would crash if you tried taking an SD screenshot. I was thinking this was the same issue.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Anyone from Roku can reply on this thread ?

It seems is a real issue with Roku HD firmware.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I've now verified this to be the case on one of our hardware platforms and filed a bug report.

- Joel
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
I've now verified this to be the case on one of our hardware platforms and filed a bug report.

- Joel

Thanks for the feedback Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Just ran into this issue today, so +1 on observed in the wild.
Snapshot utility kills Roku (2050, fw3.1), it reboots.
Partial image shows in the browser, browser reports it was 1280x720, seems de-interlaced (two copies of the image next to each other).
0 Kudos