Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maliska
Streaming Star

Screensaver App Slideshow Example

I have created an channel called “The Artistic Blog” which is working great.
It basically reads an xml file out on my server and plays some background music and goes through a slideshow of artwork images. I have just over 5500 subscribers now and things are going well.
I have had a few requests to turn this into a standard screensaver app for the roku so people could say use Pandora or some other music channel and when the screensaver comes on it would be “The Artistic Blog” screensaver. I am at a loss trying to find a simply example of this. I am sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area, I work best with example code that I can follow. Does anyone of have simple screensaver slideshow app that I can look at?

Kind Regards
Mike
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Screensaver App Slideshow Example

To make a screensaver, you would use Sub RunScreenSaver() in addition to Sub Main()

This won't help for Pandora and most other music channels which have their own screensaver build in that overrides the system screensaver.

- Joel
0 Kudos
Maliska
Streaming Star

Re: Screensaver App Slideshow Example

Thank you Joel,
0 Kudos