Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: SceneGraph Video - no audio with this m3u8 manifest

Can you sent us via private message or via email a URL we can use to test your stream?

Thanks,

- Joel
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Sure thing, but I can't keep it on for a long time, so what would be the best day/time to do this? Please let me know!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Can you set a long expire time? It sometimes takes engineering a couple of weeks to have time to test these things.

- Joel
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

FYI Yuri - I sent Joel a 4k one with a separate audio stream not playing correctly.
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Hi Adam - I am preparing my test stream and will provide it shortly. Did you figure out your 4k stream issue? Is your audio EAC3? I had similar problem with EAC3 and the only solution was to flip to AAC. Not sure what the problem is, Roku states EAC3 is supported, but maybe some encoders produce some weird blend of AC3 or there is a bug. Btw, did you use roVideo or SceneGraph?
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Its AAC. Tried both roVideo and SceneGraph. No reply yet to my message. I've got a workaround internally to embed the audio in the ts files, but would be nice to get this working, since a number of commercial encoders provide separate audio streams.
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Provided link to Joel, let's see what he says
0 Kudos
jonarnold
Visitor

Joel - or anyone else - was this ever resolved? We are having an identical issue - manifest looks almost exactly the same. I need to know if this content is playable.
0 Kudos