Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvkrnsky
Channel Surfer

SceneGraph Video Node: ClipStart, StreamStartTimeOffset, PlayStart do nothing?

I'm working with live feeds that may need the earliest playback position trimmed.  From what I gather reading the documentation, the PlayStart field on the content metadata *should* do precisely that.  It would appear, however, that setting this field for content on a SG Video node has no effect.  The same is true for the ClipStart and StreamStartTimeOffset fields.

Do these fields apply to content in a SG Video nodes?  And if not, what is the SG Video node equivalent?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
coldrain
Binge Watcher

Re: SceneGraph Video Node: ClipStart, StreamStartTimeOffset, PlayStart do nothing?

0 Kudos
tvkrnsky
Channel Surfer

Re: SceneGraph Video Node: ClipStart, StreamStartTimeOffset, PlayStart do nothing?

Not seek, no.  For example, let’s say you’re watching a live event that started an hour ago, but the video feed started half an hour early.  Watching live, you’d want to seek to near the video duration. Starting over, you’d want to seek to half an hour into the feed.  The PlayStart field, at I understand it, should let you set that half-hour-in position.

0 Kudos