Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene Graph Store SDK not displaying subscription terms on PIN screen

Hi, 

I have a channel with an in-channel $9.99 annual subscription with a 30 day trial period. When I go through and make the purchase the PIN screen just says "$9.99 will be charged to your account", it does not mention that it is a subscription or display any terms and conditions. I can see other channels on Roku do this, but they all seem to be not using Scene Graph.

Could this be a Scene Graph bug, or am I not configuring something I should be?

Note, the channel is not published yet and I am using Test User Accounts in the Roku store to replicate this behavior.

Many Thanks

Ben
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Scene Graph Store SDK not displaying subscription terms on PIN screen

0 Kudos

It does, however curiously I know there are some channels out there that get the full product details and terms and conditions to appear on the PIN screen for in-channel subs. I wonder if they are using an older sdk to build the channel? 

In my case this is a disaster as the product is an annual subscription with a free 30 day trial, but of course the user is just told the are paying $9.99, which they aren't until their free trial ends! This is going to result in a lot of people backing out of the purchase. 
0 Kudos

i just realized that post you linked is from 2011, surely they must have improved it since then  :?

And by the way thanks for you help as always.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Sorry, I don't have an answer but I have a question related to your setup. Are there instructions you can point me too for setting up a channel this way? 

I would like to have;
in-channel $1.99 monthly subscription to all content with a 7 day trial period

So possibly doing the same thing you are doing, I may run into the same issue and find a solution.
Thank you
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Okay, I'll see what I can do but just confused on all the coding changes that have to be done 😞 
"Open up the unzipped sample source code folder (or download the sample again) and open the components folder. Go into the RokuSignUp folder and open up the RokuBillingTask.brs"

I don't see this file in the SG Channel - https://github.com/rokudev/videoplayer-channel
so how do I incorporate the file and call upon it the SceneGraph channel that we have to convert too, to change it into an In-Channel purchace channel? Thanks
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"shibuyashadows" wrote:
i just realized that post you linked is from 2011, surely they must have improved it since then  :?

The post is from 2016, it is me that is from 2011 :mrgreen:
(i know - it also confuses me sometimes that the forum shows on the left when s/o joined the forum. like... "why?")
0 Kudos

ah!  😄
0 Kudos