Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhir_Pratap
Streaming Star

Scene Graph: Display different contents in same list

I have a requirement to display different types of contents in single row with horizontal scrolling. The content would be similar to the screenshot linked. Pls suggest how can I achieve this in Roku. Can I make a LayoutGroup as scrollable?

http://www.mmoga.com/images/screenshots ... und-uk.jpg
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Scene Graph: Display different contents in same list

I believe you're looking for a fixedLayout MarkupGrid.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Dhir_Pratap
Streaming Star

I dont think MarkupGrid fits since it asks for single itemComponentName which would be same for all items. But in my case the items have different layout. Can I have MarkupGrid to display different layout for each item?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"Dhir Pratap" wrote:
I dont think MarkupGrid fits since it asks for single itemComponentName which would be same for all items. But in my case the items have different layout. Can I have MarkupGrid to display different layout for each item?

You'd put the layout logic in the component. If the layouts are significantly different, then you could just write a wrapper component that hosts multiple other component and displays the one that is relevant to the content.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Dhir_Pratap
Streaming Star

Endless,

I too thought about the wrapper logic. But it is not suitable when I would have a list with many items say 8-10 items. My problem will be solved if there is something like scrollable layoutgroup.
0 Kudos
24i-sander_l
Visitor

"Dhir Pratap" wrote:
Endless,

I too thought about the wrapper logic. But it is not suitable when I would have a list with many items say 8-10 items. My problem will be solved if there is something like scrollable layoutgroup.

I also have a need for this. Is this something that the Roku developers will take a look at, or is this something that we're going to have to implement ourselves (by extending etc.)?
0 Kudos
level32
Visitor

fixedLayout MarkupGrid doesn't scroll hoizontally... or am I missing something?
0 Kudos
philotas
Roku Guru

May I ask how you ended up implementing it? thanks!