I am the author of a casting channel that uses an iOS controller. Some of my users are complaining that SSDP device discovery* stopped working in the last few days - I confirmed with at least one of them that his device had been updated to firmware v7.5.0. I will try to get his WiFi router information as I suspect the symptoms only affect certain WiFi routers
Is this a known issue? Is there a way I can be in touch directly with support to help troubleshoot the issue & communicate back to my users?
I am not aware of such issue with 7.5. I just checked and my iOS remote app seems to work fine, discovered the 4200 and 3100 device i have on 7.5.
The general support email is developer (at) roku.com but beware they are not very responsive.
If you let me know what your app is (PM if need be), i can try it locally. I try to keep abreast of any potential bugs and who knows, maybe 7.5 tightened something in security that i want to know. Try collecting more info from your users, like Roku and mobile IP, as well as Roku and mobile device version.
"tifroz" wrote: Would love to know if you can reproduce! I am waiting to gather more info from the users who have reported issue, here is what I know so far
At least 2 of the users have a Roku 3 (I don't have the exact model)
At least one of them was working ok until a few days ago (hence I suspect the firmware update to be a factor)
It's working ok for at least some Roku users who are running 7.5.0. So I think the issue may be limited to certain WiFi routers or certain Roku models
I tried and am unable to reproduce. When started, your app immediately discovered all my players (per the the drop-down), incl. the two 7.5 Rokus. I tried casting video to the 7.5 and that worked too, subject to installing the companion channel. iOS 10.0.2. A single wireless 192.168.x.x from a Linksys router with stock firmware.