Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

SEARCH HISTORY

Hi -

I developed a channel with search functionality from the example in SDK but when I go to my search screen, I see all my searches from other channel like YouTube. Is there any way to avoid that from happening?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: SEARCH HISTORY

The roSearchHistory object is global. If you want to track search history for only your app, I think you'll need to do that either in the registry, or on the backend website (if it exists).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

In general we think it makes for a better user experience if the search history is global, as users can search for a title or actor iteratively on several channels. Thus roSearchHistory is implemented to remember all searches across channels.

For a special interest channel, it may make sense to track your own history. Do this as endless suggested with the registry or your own server. Don't use roSearchHistory in this case as it will remember a global history.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

Thanks Guys!
0 Kudos