Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casolorz
Roku Guru

SDK 1 components - How can I know if I have them?

I got an email saying SDK 1 components will be discontinued. I don't know if I'm using any of them. I did an analysis on the channel and while it has some errors, I don't see anything mentioning SDK 1. How do I know if my current errors are urgent or can wait until our next release?

The errors are:

Usage of the UpdateLastKeypressTime() API is no longer permitted. 

Channels are required to support roInput events. Please ensure your manifest includes the supports_input_launch=1 entry and your channel properly handles roInput events.

"AppLaunchComplete" beacon is missing.

The other stuff I got is just warnings about lengths of files and this one:

The GetVersion() API has been deprecated. Use the roDeviceInfo.GetOsVersion() function instead. 

Are any of those urgen issues?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SDK 1 components - How can I know if I have them?

I don't know whether UpdateLastKeypressTime() is an issue (it probably is), but any time you see "deprecated" that's an issue - GetVersion().  Since you'll have to update your channel to replace GetVersion() with GetOsVersion(), you'll also have to get rid of UpdateLastKeypressTime().  I don't think you'll see any mention of SDK1 in the errors/warnings, just "deprecated".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

How can I know if that deprecated issue is urgent, as in SDK 1 deprecated functions going away soon?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't think any one deprecated component is more urgent than another.  I imagine Roku will just audit every channel package and if it uses any deprecated component it will be removed on August 22nd.  I wouldn't expect an official response here since Roku employees seem loath to participate on their own forum, but you might try https://partnersuccess.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Thanks for the info. 

0 Kudos