Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Level 9

Roku reversing a customer's payment after watching content for a day?

Have any other developers seen mysterious Reversed transactions a day or two after a customer has kicked back on their sofa and enjoyed free content when there was no trial period, and Roku claims to not give refunds?  Where can I find my customer comments and reasons for cancelling or uninstalling if they give a reason?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cocotower
Level 9

Re: Roku reversing a customer's payment after watching content for a day?

I see now under the reversal it says "System Testing".   Even more interesting.  Anybody?

0 Kudos
g-se
Level 7

Maybe someone reported an issue with your channel, so someone at Roku had to test it out?

Seems odd though, I'm sure they'd have other ways to check though.

Odd.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Level 9

It was some routine in-house testing.  I guess I'll keep my questions aimed at the staff off of here since they rarely reply.  I tried to delete the post later but I simply cannot find the delete option in these new forums.

0 Kudos

Sometimes the users also go to their banks and dispute the charge, so Roku receives the notification and "refunds" cancelling the purchase.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Level 9

Thankfully, it turned out to be in-house testing after I changed monetization methods, but I do get the rare reversed transactions.  Sometimes it could be that the end user didn't have the bandwidth or was having other issues.  This is precisely why I need to be able to see what users leave in the feedback section on my channels.  Does anyone know where to find these reports?  Maybe this is a good new topic to start.

0 Kudos