Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

Roku reversing a customer's payment after watching content for a day?

Have any other developers seen mysterious Reversed transactions a day or two after a customer has kicked back on their sofa and enjoyed free content when there was no trial period, and Roku claims to not give refunds?  Where can I find my customer comments and reasons for cancelling or uninstalling if they give a reason?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Roku reversing a customer's payment after watching content for a day?

I see now under the reversal it says "System Testing".   Even more interesting.  Anybody?

0 Kudos
g-se
Streaming Star

Maybe someone reported an issue with your channel, so someone at Roku had to test it out?

Seems odd though, I'm sure they'd have other ways to check though.

Odd.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

It was some routine in-house testing.  I guess I'll keep my questions aimed at the staff off of here since they rarely reply.  I tried to delete the post later but I simply cannot find the delete option in these new forums.

0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Sometimes the users also go to their banks and dispute the charge, so Roku receives the notification and "refunds" cancelling the purchase.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Thankfully, it turned out to be in-house testing after I changed monetization methods, but I do get the rare reversed transactions.  Sometimes it could be that the end user didn't have the bandwidth or was having other issues.  This is precisely why I need to be able to see what users leave in the feedback section on my channels.  Does anyone know where to find these reports?  Maybe this is a good new topic to start.

0 Kudos