Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KadooKDB
Visitor

Re: Roku market share

Thanks for all of the input and information.

I asked what the CURRENT market shares are. Not what might happen. Yeah we look at what is in the pipe and plan, but if you are releasing a product/service NOW, what might be doesn't matter, unless they are willing to pay you to develop for that platform. Which they aren't.

So we have our plan and our partner picked and are now implementing. And nearly done. Google TV will be cool when it's actually out in numbers, and we will be supporting it before the end of the year so all of those Christmas purchases we will be able to take advantage of.

AppleTV is a dud in its current form and in the new form looks to be a winner, but until we can develop on it, that doesn't matter. Do I think they will release an AppStore on the AppleTV? You bet, but it's not there NOW.

We will have our stuff available on Roku, Yahoo, Android, iPhone and one or two others before the end of next month.

Thanks again. We plan on attacking the spot left open by MotionBox. HP stupidly shutsdown a viable service and left a lot of people in the lurch. So... 🙂
0 Kudos
chris0071
Visitor

I found out 1 weird thing when I shopped my local best Buy yesterday ..........

It appears that Netgear only has 1 model of the Roku, the XD. If you want an HD or XD/S, you have to order it through Roku.

I didn't realize that.
0 Kudos
KadooKDB
Visitor

We are very close to releasing our service on the Roku. I wanted to thank everyone for their information and help. Watch for the release now. 🙂
0 Kudos