Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku freezes and restarts in roImageCanvas and roVideoPlayer

I am developing a program that switches between videos when direction keys are pressed, when playing one video, it happens at times that roku freezes and restarts , this particularly happens when the video is playing and the user is trying to navigate to other videos, while it does not happen when the roVideoPlayer is not playing anything and the user wants to navigate between the videos, the videos are HLS videos that are being streamed from a media server, is there a way to fix this problem?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
NewManLiving
Visitor

Re: Roku freezes and restarts in roImageCanvas and roVideoPl

What do you mean by restarts? Does the box reboot or Does it become frozen for about 5-10
Seconds periodically, and then the queues are emptied causing a rash of activity. If it's the latter and you have print statements everywhere in your
Video event code you need to make sure that you have a debug open to receive the
Print statements or this can occur especially if your testing continuous loading of movies
This would be the case if the user keeps selecting different movies. Can't say if this is your specific
Problem but it was mine at one time and that was the solution
If there is a reboot then I would start by making sure all stream closing events are handled and the videoplayer
Cleans up By calling stop before beginning another stream
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos

Hi, the screen gets frozen for about 5 -10 seconds and the box reboots , I get the initial roku screen
0 Kudos

Hi , I just tried using the stop function of the player before switching to other video, same problem persists. 😞
0 Kudos

Guys , please help me out over here , has anybody faced this issue before ?