Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwright017
Visitor

Roku compiler

Does the roku compiler offer anything such as tail call optimisation? I doubt it as it's still easily possible to encounter a stack overflow within BS - also does roku limit the number of recursive calls?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Roku compiler

Well I don't suppose it could be unlimited, but do mean to ask whether there is an arbitrarily set language limit or just a natural hardware memory limit? I guess it could be tested with different amounts of recursion until one fails
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Roku compiler

"Cwright017" wrote:
Does the roku compiler offer anything such as tail call optimisation?

No. And neither does Python, to bring a widespread language into the picture. So get over it :mrgreen:

Wait till you learn there is neither lexical nor dynamic variable scope in B/S. Nor closures. I expected it will be big PITA w/o these. But you know what? It hasn't been an issue for me coding... if anything, it had prevented me from making subtle mistakes (like the kind of troubles the global scope in Javascript and Lua does).
0 Kudos