Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dakota435

Roku Ultra 2022, when sideloading an app in dev mode, says SD card required.

I have an Ultra 2022 player, Model 4802CA.  The specs on Amazon say it has an SD card interface. The unit itself however does NOT have an SD card slot. 

From some research I read that newer units have enough internal memory to not need an SD card and have done away with that feature.

However, when I use the Development Application Installer to install a web browser app by side loading he browser's APK file from my PC through my home network, I am getting the message:

Warning: Component Library requires a Roku player with an SD card installed (86058196 > 52428800).

It does not appear to even be possible to purchase a Roku with an SD card slot any more.  Roku support hasn't been much help. Does anybody know of a workaround for this problem?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Wambritto

Re: Roku Ultra 2022, when sideloading an app in dev mode, says SD card required.

hello, did you manage to solve your problem, I have the same, I have tried with micro sd 8 and 32 gb but it did not work.

0 Kudos
Heitor123

Re: Roku Ultra 2022, when sideloading an app in dev mode, says SD card required.

0 Kudos