Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepaks3
Binge Watcher

Roku Remote onKeyEvent() not getting fastforward and rewind in a key parameters

I am trying to trigger Roku Remote fastforward and rewind button but not able to get "key" parameter during video pause feature,  i can able to pause my video but when i am trying to use forward and rewind button i am not getting any key as per documentation i am following this URL. 

https://developer.roku.com/docs/references/scenegraph/component-functions/onkeyevent.md

please let me know, what approach i can follow for the same.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Deepaks3
Binge Watcher

pause button issue

I am trying to pause video from Roku remote but it's not working, i have verified things with another channels and there it's working fine, I am working on my custom channel, but not sure why remote is not working also cross checked with remote APP and there is not showing any error in telnet as well,

I am rely thankful if anyone please help me out from this,

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote onKeyEvent() not getting fastforward and rewind in a key parameters

Hi @Deepaks3,

To be clear, you are trying to handle fast forward and rewind key events while video is paused?

0 Kudos
Deepaks3
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Remote onKeyEvent() not getting fastforward and rewind in a key parameters

Yes, because in my video player node play and stop feature is working fine but, for pause i have added onekeyEvent() and now, i want fastforward and rewind key parameters but its not working.

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Ok. Have you looked at our TrickPlay samples for how to do this?

0 Kudos