Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shax

Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&quot

I have exactly the same problem, external server, I get the url and put it into the component on ROKU.

At about 85%-90% playback it shows the error shown here in the post.

ROKU 3940X

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&quot

Hi @Shax,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the issue with your Roku device and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  2. Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  3. How long has the issue been occurring?
  4. What kind of USB drive are you using, and does this issue occur when you use a different USB drive?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  6. Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve the issue? How to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music and photos | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shax

Re: Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&quot

I'm in developer mode building an app where I can stream movies using the media player component that addresses playback hosted on my server.

This is the error:

{
    category: "mediaplayer"
    clipid: 362
    dbgmsg: "got invalid pathname, load the next one."
    drmerrcode: 0
    errcode: 8
    ignored: false
    source: "buffer:contentlist"
}
0 Kudos
Shax

The error does not appear in all reproductions, only in some.

0 Kudos