Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku In Channel Purchase Process

I have to implement roku billing service, i have linked my channel with the multiple products in my roku account, but i want to know that how the record will be maintained by roku for example if one customer has purchased the product then how roku will distinguish with other customers who have not yet purchase that particular product, i also want to know the working process of check order and place order in roku in channel purchase.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku In Channel Purchase Process

You have to check which purchases the customer has made using GetPurchases: https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ifChannelStore#ifChannelStore-GetPurchases()asVoid

This will return any products that have not yet expired.

You could also maintain a record of what they have purchased in your registry, but this will not work if the user switches devices, restores factory default, etc.

Perhaps the best flow would be to check for purchases in the registry, then check using GetPurchases().
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"adamkaz" wrote:
You have to check which purchases the customer has made using GetPurchases: https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ifChannelStore#ifChannelStore-GetPurchases()asVoid

This will return any products that have not yet expired.

Is that documented somewhere? I couldn't find anything in the documentation that states subscriptions will stop being returned by GetPurchases() when they expire. It makes sense, but...

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

I don't think I've seen it in the documentation, but it is my experience and I believe I have an email somewhere from Roku....

ah yes, from Roku:
"GetPurchases() only returns the currently active subscriptions not subscriptions that have been cancelled and expired."
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Thanks!

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos