Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhishek
Channel Surfer

Roku Billing and In-Channel Purchasing Error

I am getting the following error popup on "channelStore.doOrder()" call

"We are unable to complete your purchase. Please update your Roku account to ensure you have a valid payment method on file. 
You may update your Roku account at roku.com/account"

I am using the fakeServer(true) and included all xml files inside my project.

Why it is not working with fakeServer(true)? 
Which file is missing the valid payment method?
Will the amount get deducted from my credit card even for fakeServer Purchase?
If it doesn't deduct any amount from the payment method, then why it is forcing to update to the user for test the app?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
developer_uj24
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Billing and In-Channel Purchasing Error

I'm having the same issue does you solve it? If yes please help me. Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuPam
Streaming Star

Hi @abhishek,

We'd actually recommend you enable Billing testing on your test channel, rather than using the fakeServer(true) method. the fakeServer(true) method was our recommended solution before we added the ability to enable your channel for billing testing. If you enable Billing testing and add yourself as a test user in the developer portal, you can be sure you won't be charged for any transactions on your channel. 

Please note you will still need to add a payment method to your Roku user account, even though the test transactions themselves will not charge your account. 

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
developer_uj24
Binge Watcher

Hi Roku Employee,

My channel is TVOD I have implemented requestPartnerOrder with confirmPartnerOrder, Enable billing testing got Transaction id from confirmPartnerOrder but when I check on Test User it shows "No transactions found." against my testing id, do I have to implement doOrder also as my channel is TVOD? I'm following TVOD SAMPLE CHANNEL. Please help me out thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
diego59x
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue, if you know please let me know ❤️

0 Kudos
developer_uj24
Binge Watcher

Do you get "No transactions found" issue after transaction?

0 Kudos
hamza061
Binge Watcher

yes I am getting "no transaction found" after placing and completing order from test user account

0 Kudos