Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Revert To Previous Key

I do believe I have done something stupid. I have an app out in public that stores info to the registry. I had been working on a second app that I wanted to to test. I generated a new key for this app. Now I am in process of doing an update to the app already out but since I generated a new key I can't read the registry section due to developer id change. I did read on another thread about resetting developer mode and rekey with a pkg from the previous developer id.  I do have a pkg from old id but not sure how to rekey based on the pkg. Any help??
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Revert To Previous Key

Go to the Developer Application Installer web page of the device.  Click on "Utilites" and you'll see "Package Utilities".  Click the "Upload" button and select your package.  Then just type in the password (or copy and paste) and click "Rekey".  I hope you saved the password somewhere!  🙂  Now the next time you package something it will use the key from the uploaded package.  You don't need to do this again until the next time you want to package under a different key.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Re: Revert To Previous Key

"renojim" wrote:
Go to the Developer Application Installer web page of the device.  Click on "Utilites" and you'll see "Package Utilities".  Click the "Upload" button and select your package.  Then just type in the password (or copy and paste) and click "Rekey".  I hope you saved the password somewhere!  🙂  Now the next time you package something it will use the key from the uploaded package.  You don't need to do this again until the next time you want to package under a different key.

-JT

Thanks renojim. I hope I have the password among the many I have saved.
0 Kudos