Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katycorp
Visitor

Recent update?

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any silent updates to the Roku between December 2nd and today. I had an app that was working fine, but I haven't touched it for a few weeks. All of a sudden it won't play the videos. As soon as I select the video I get "No streams were provided for playback". But I am printing the url and that url works fine in the browser (http://www.whitehouse.gov/WeeklyAddress ... ddress.mp4). I also tried dropping it into SimpleVideoPlayer and I got the exact same behavior. My player is currently on version 2.9 build 1509. I'm not sure what build it was on before it stopped working. I was hoping to send the beta out over the holidays for testing (since I know quite a few people who got their parents Roku players for Xmas).

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kaitlin
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Recent update?

Are you declaring the stream quality to be HD? If the stream is declared HD and the display is set to SD, the stream will be considered non-playable and you'll get the "No stream" error when you try to play it, unless you also provide another stream which is not declared HD.

--Mark
0 Kudos
katycorp
Visitor

Re: Recent update?

Yes that was the problem. Thank you very much!
0 Kudos