Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csloan
Visitor

Recent Smooth Streaming Playback Errors

In the last couple of weeks we started seeing playback errors in our Smooth Streaming content. The error is from a isRequestFailed event (index value of -3 and a message of 'An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.'. This happens at seemingly random points of playback of any title (with or without PlayReady DRM, SD and HD). We are able to play the same content on non-Roku devices and I even ran and entire movie through a Windows based test player I wrote and validated the http chunk requests and the a/v content itself. The memory on the device is stable throughout playback so it does not seem to a memory issue. We are not sure how to further diagnose this and are getting many customer complaints.

Can we get assistance on this issue?

Chris
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Recent Smooth Streaming Playback Errors

Hi, please send us a demo app .zip that plays your stream and demonstrates the issue. You can either send it to me via a private message with a dropbox or other file sharing link, or email it to developer@roku.com, referencing this forum post.

- Joel
0 Kudos