Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real money gambling allowed?

Does Roku have any opinion on offering real money gambling applications in the channel store? I didn't see any content restrictions on gambling in the developer agreement. I'm thinking in particular of using Betable, with play currency for the US market and real money for the UK market.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Real money gambling allowed?

Would this use our billing system or a third party billing system?

- Joel
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

It certainly wouldn't be allowed with our billing system, and I'll have to check with legal otherwise.
0 Kudos

This would not use Roku's billing, the channel would be free. All money would be handled by Betable UK with it's UK gambling license. Placing bets etc. would be done using REST API calls over HTTPS.

The reason I ask is that places like the iTunes store have been getting more liberal in the last few years regarding gambling. Right now the Roku UK market probably isn't big enough to support serious gambling development efforts, but I see real money gambling as a big growth area that is a good fit for big screen TV viewing and it fits well into what I know of the existing Roku demographics.
0 Kudos