Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srinath
Visitor

RateRix Alternative

Since RateRix went down, I have been working on a Private channel. Try this https://owner.roku.com/add/VideoBuzz, no registeration or username/password needed. Feedback is welcome. This is my first stab, more to come.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
rprr
Visitor

Re: RateRix Alternative

Nice interface. Please add Search.
0 Kudos
Srinath
Visitor

Thank you. "Search" and "Shows" features are coming.. expect sometime next week.
0 Kudos
rprr
Visitor

"Srinath" wrote:
Thank you. "Search" and "Shows" features are coming.. expect sometime next week.

Excellent. Please also add "Related Videos" if possible.
0 Kudos
wlweiner
Visitor

Thank you so much. So far, I really like it. Thanks again
0 Kudos
iatheia
Visitor

Thank you very much!

Few thing that I would suggest is an ability to add and easily remove several Userid, and not just one, and have not just playlists there but also uploaded videos, favorites and such. Also, it appears the maximum number of elements in a list is 25 - both playlists and videos in the playlist. Granted, beyond that it is getting harder to organize them, but they should still be there.

A few concerns:
If you were to add a user with no playlists and then go their videos page, channel crashes. If you add a userid that has a space in it, channel not only crashes almost immediately, but also is inaccessible later on - the only fix is to remove it and add again.

And, out of curiosity, where do you pool the data for "most..." and "top..." videos? A quick search does not result in videos mentioned. Tollywood category is a bit too specific (though, the only one with more than 25 videos per category listed), and 1080p is a bit useless as there is no sorting of any kind and very very limited.
0 Kudos
johninFL
Visitor

I just added Videobuzz to my Roku channel list today and am totally confused. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this channel works??? :oops: I added my YT user name in the 1st.box labeled "settings".In the 2nd.box labeled with my YT user name it shows my "playlist",but i didn't create that playlist, so how do i delete it so i can create my own playlist?? :?
In the 3rd. box labeled "Your subscriptions" it shows a thumbnail titled "Videos published by:"ConcertVideo",with 10 thumbnails of videos which i didn't subscribe to,so how do i delete it so that i can add my own subscriptions??? :?
How do i add subscriptions to my subscription list in Videobuzz that i subscribed to on the YT website???? :?
I'm going crazy trying to figure this out! Is it even possible to "add to" or "delete" ANYTHING in videobuzz??? I like the channel but would like to customize it for my own use. Any and all help will certainly be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Srinath
Visitor

Hey, VideoBuzz is a readonly service, you cannot update your videos. You need to log into your computer update your playlists and subscriptions. You can find more info @ http://streamingtvguide.blogspot.com/20 ... -roku.html

"johninFL" wrote:
I just added Videobuzz to my Roku channel list today and am totally confused. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this channel works??? :oops: I added my YT user name in the 1st.box labeled "settings".In the 2nd.box labeled with my YT user name it shows my "playlist",but i didn't create that playlist, so how do i delete it so i can create my own playlist?? :?
In the 3rd. box labeled "Your subscriptions" it shows a thumbnail titled "Videos published by:"ConcertVideo",with 10 thumbnails of videos which i didn't subscribe to,so how do i delete it so that i can add my own subscriptions??? :?
How do i add subscriptions to my subscription list in Videobuzz that i subscribed to on the YT website???? :?
I'm going crazy trying to figure this out! Is it even possible to "add to" or "delete" ANYTHING in videobuzz??? I like the channel but would like to customize it for my own use. Any and all help will certainly be appreciated.
0 Kudos
johninFL
Visitor

Thanks for the answer Srinath.I bookmarked the link you provided,i'll try to work it out from there. Thanks again.
0 Kudos