Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

RGB color space - how to achieve in Photoshop?

I make several channels where the logos have pure blacks and whites in them. As I understand it, the colors must be between 16 and 235.

1. Is this true for HD and SD?

2. Does anyone have instructions for converting graphics to this color space automatically in Photoshop? I'm working with the latest CS6. I tried assigning the color profile NTSC SDTV which I believe is the same thing, but it does not convert the pure blacks and whites.

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: RGB color space - how to achieve in Photoshop?

Take a look at the artwork guidelines .pdf in your SDK, the first thing it does is describe how to do this with the Levels feature. Works the same way in the free gIMP application as well.

- Joel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Or you can just apply the HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235 profile.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Thanks!
0 Kudos
DavidMccoy

Someone once suggested me to use Adobe Lightroom but I haven't been able to do that yet

0 Kudos
paulisekhar
Channel Surfer

Yes you can achieve it through Lightroom. The Lightroom has feature to adjust the color saturation and temperature in the image. so use Lightroom for RGB color space instead of photoshop.

0 Kudos
paulisekhar
Channel Surfer

Yes it can be achieved in Lightroom

0 Kudos
paulisekhar
Channel Surfer

RGB colour space is available in photoshop

0 Kudos