Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krams9999
Reel Rookie

RAFtester app is crashing and not able test m8u8

I want to test my m3u8 stream. For this i'm using Roku Stream Tester App and pushing stream to Roku Device which is connected to my windows laptop. 

Player is launching in Roku device and playing for 3-5sec and then app getting crashed suddenly. This behavior i have not seen yesterday. This is blocking me.. can you anyone help in fixing this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
FxProgrm
Channel Surfer

Re: RAFtester app is crashing and not able test m8u8

I'm also seeing this happening with HLS/Dash manifest attempts as well. 

Was working perfectly last night 6P Central.

I use the stream tester app as well to cast to my tv and as of this afternoon, am not able to cast but for a few seconds. Is this something that Roku will usually fix? Have never had this problem before and was wondering what we are up against?

streaminUser239
Reel Rookie

Same issue. Stream starts for about 5 seconds then just punts back to the main menu.

Any workarounds or fixes?

armelb
Binge Watcher

copy and paste your m3u8 in edit and select the box you want to add you m3u8 url in raf url bar

0 Kudos
streaminUser239
Reel Rookie

Someone realized the issue and there was an update to the app that fixed the issue

0 Kudos
armelb
Binge Watcher

hi here how you  can use it open raf testing tool app in the top after file click on edit first select video and and add even just add both m3u8 for video url and m3u8 ad server dont worry add both m3u8 url remenber if you type the m3u8 url its not going to work just after file on edit copy your m3u8 and paste it in the server url from edit and select content select content-lenght on headers make sure  on meta add your minum bandwith and maximum bandwith example 1280x720 check your band bandwith  for mine i select hls and dont forget  to add how many second duration you should be good to go make sure sure you use vmix with rtmp server check your setting very well

0 Kudos
hjxks534

I use the circulate tester app as properly to solid to my television and as of this afternoon, am not capable of cast but for some seconds. Is this something that Roku will usually repair? Have by no means had this trouble to play with pokemon go  earlier than and was thinking what we are up against?

0 Kudos