Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAF fetching all the ads at once

I am calling api to get vmap to play preroll ,midroll and postroll.but on debugging I found that raf is fetching all the ads at time of preroll gets loaded which delays the video for long time .
can somebody explains why this is happening and how to fix it?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: RAF fetching all the ads at once

"prani_bigstar" wrote:
I am calling api to get vmap to play preroll ,midroll and postroll.but on debugging I found that raf is fetching all the ads at time of preroll gets loaded which delays the video for long time .
can somebody explains why this is happening and how to fix it?

Can you explain in more detail - e.g. what ad server are you using?
And what do you mean by "is fetching all the ads at time of preroll gets loaded which delays the video for long time" - do you have them playing correctly later at the right spots as mid-rolls and post-roll - or do you mean everything plays as pre-roll?
Also how many ads are we talking about as a number?
0 Kudos

we are using DFP ad server ..all the ads(including  midrolls and postrolls) are fetched at the start of main video due to which video playback has some latency ....but mid -rolls and post-rolls are rendered at their predefined time..i want to minimise the the playback latency ..how can i do that ? 
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"prani_bigstar" wrote:
we are using DFP ad server ..all the ads(including  midrolls and postrolls) are fetched at the start of main video due to which video playback has some latency ....but mid -rolls and post-rolls are rendered at their predefined time..i want to minimise the the playback latency ..how can i do that ? 

What is your setup in more detail? Are you using Roku Direct Publisher?
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

prani_bigstar - please send more information on this (either by PM to me or here in the thread) if you want looked further into detail.
0 Kudos