Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

RAF: Strange URL requests when using server-side ad stitching

I integrated RAF into my app that uses server side ad stitching, and now I see requests going out to video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com and pubads.g.doubleclick.net during playback. What are these requests? Why are they happening? They appear to be appended to the ad pods array I provide to RAF. They fire even if I disable Neilsen.

The request to video-ad-stats request has what appear to be undefined macro values in the query params
request:
http://video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com/video/client_events?event=3&web_property=ca-pub-7650175200946213&cpn=%5BCPN%5D&break_type=%5BBREAK_TYPE%5D&slot_pos=%5BSLOT_POS%5D&ad_id=%5BAD_ID%5D&ad_sys=%5BAD_SYS%5D&ad_len=%5BAD_LEN%5D&p_w=%5BP_W%5D&p_h=%5BP_H%5D&mt=%5BMT%5D&rwt=%5BRWT%5D&wt=%5BWT%5D&sdkv=%5BSDKV%5D&vol=%5BVOL%5D&content_v=%5BCONTENT_V%5D&conn=%5BCONN%5D&format=%5BFORMAT_NAMESPACE%5D_%5BFORMAT_TYPE%5D_%5BFORMAT_SUBTYPE%5D

EDIT:
Actually it looks like the RAF is ignoring the ad data I provide using importAds and stitchedAdsInit, and is substituting a bunch of google ad stuff instead. Why?

EDIT 2:
using setAdPrefs(false,0) disabled the backfill ads from Roku, so mystery solved. But why is my seemingly well formed ad data rejected?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: RAF: Strange URL requests when using server-side ad stitching

Try library as such does not make calls to googlesyndication.com, it must be from the backfilled ad pods.

I don't think you need importAds(), just stitchedAdsInit() - but are you passing the right structure to it? As described in Ad Structure
0 Kudos