Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken2400
Visitor

Private channel to show noaa US weather maps

I could use some feedback.
Also links to other public domain maps.

Thanks

https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=noaa
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Private channel to show noaa US weather maps

Hrmm... I can't seem to get of the maps to load. Selecting an item doesn't do anything, and when I go to change the selection with left or right, a brown slideshow screen pops up, but still no maps.
It's also very slow to change selections. That's usually an indication that you're using poster art that's way too big, so the Roku is struggling to scale it.
And finally, your logo artwork is only showing the top half. The rest is cut off at the bottom of the overhang.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
ken2400
Visitor

I know about the Logo and will fix it.
I will also look into the freeze and frost map.
Will review the channel again tonight to see what it is doing.

Thanks for the update.
0 Kudos
TomCorwine
Channel Surfer

I'm able to see the maps when I select them from the main screen, but I can't use the Left/Right keys to switch directly from one slide to another.
0 Kudos
ken2400
Visitor

Thanks Tom. That is a good point. I did not write it that way BUT I should look into how to.

"TomCorwine" wrote:
I'm able to see the maps when I select them from the main screen, but I can't use the Left/Right keys to switch directly from one slide to another.
0 Kudos