Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandal
Visitor

Private Channel Update?

Hello,

I added my Private channel a few days ago and now I changed the background theme color to see if updating works. I changed the color, sideloaded and all looks good. I edited my manifest file and changed build version from 00005 to 00006. I packaged the zip file using the same key as before and saved the file it generated. I then went to the developer account to manage channels and selected edit channel. I then put the name and version like test/1.06 as before it was test/1.05 and found my package file and Saved. Once saved I selected Publish and it was successful. I went to my TV to see the change and the sideloaded channel background of course was changed, but the Private channel that was there already did not change.
The documents say it should be updated right away. I went to the channel store and it found nothing to update either. I tried again and changed the manifest to another version and zipped and packaged and the same result. No background change. Do I need to wait a certain period of time or what? Or did I do something wrong?
DA
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Private Channel Update?

In my experience, it seems to take an hour or so before a channel update (private channel) becomes available after the update is submitted.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Your right, I just checked and the update did take place after an hour. Thanks for the info.
Lets say a user does not go to the channel store for a few days, will it update the channel automatically?
DA
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"bandal" wrote:
Your right, I just checked and the update did take place after an hour. Thanks for the info.
Lets say a user does not go to the channel store for a few days, will it update the channel automatically?
DA

Yes, the channel should automatically update. It seems to update daily.
0 Kudos