Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 8060

Hi

I have a Roku 4200 running on the locat network:
172.150.1.195

I am timing out when I try to telnet on port 8060
telnet 172.150.1.195 8060

And I get nothing using a GET to from the browser
http://172.150.1.195:8060/query/apps

This used to work for me.

Has there been some restriction added in later firmware?

Thanks for any advice
James
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Port 8060

You could try taking it out of Developer Mode then re-enabling Developer Mode.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Port 8060

What's 8060 for?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Port 8060

8060 is the ECP port. I don't think you can telnet to 8060, so that failed connection is probably expected.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Port 8060

"TheEndless" wrote:
8060 is the ECP port. I don't think you can telnet to 8060, so that failed connection is probably expected.

Nah. If destruk can http to 8085, am i any worse not to telnet 8060? :mrgreen:
$ telnet 192.168.1.25 8060
Trying 192.168.1.25...
Connected to roku-2xs.gateway.pace.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /query/apps HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Roku UPnP/1.0 MiniUPnPd/1.4
Content-Length: 2492
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"

<apps>
<app id="12" type="appl" version="3.1.6040">Netflix</app>
...
</apps>
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

@jamesrdelaney - is the Roku PING-able?
Is the client you are trying to connect from also on 172.150.1.*?
What's the firmware# ?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Port 8060

"EnTerr" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:
8060 is the ECP port. I don't think you can telnet to 8060, so that failed connection is probably expected.

Nah. If destruk can http to 8085, am i any worse not to telnet 8060? :mrgreen:
$ telnet 192.168.1.25 8060
Trying 192.168.1.25...
Connected to roku-2xs.gateway.pace.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /query/apps HTTP/1.0

Now that's curious. I actually tried it before posting and got a failed connection. Testing just now, I got the same. I'm testing on my Roku 4, though, so maybe it's locked down in 7.0...?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Port 8060

EnTerr, what firmware are you on? I couldn't connect to any of three different boxes running three different versions of firmware.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Port 8060

"renojim" wrote:
EnTerr, what firmware are you on? I couldn't connect to any of three different boxes running three different versions of firmware.
i checked on 6.2.3468, 6.2.3675
"TheEndless" wrote:
Now that's curious. I actually tried it before posting and got a failed connection. Testing just now, I got the same. I'm testing on my Roku 4, though, so maybe it's locked down in 7.0...?
You guys are scaring me. I doubt the Co will do something so dickish as intentionally blocking the whole of ECP w/o warning. Does "Roku by Roku" app work with your players? How about remoku.tv and other apps?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Port 8060

When I try to telnet to a roku4 on 8060 it sitas there, control-C returns -
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: Roku UPnP/1.0 MiniUPnPd/1.4
Content-Length: 0
Connection to host lost.

So it probably 'connects' or it wouldn't know it was a roku server, but just doesn't handshake. 8060 does the same thing on my roku3 too.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Port 8060

"EnTerr" wrote:
"renojim" wrote:
EnTerr, what firmware are you on? I couldn't connect to any of three different boxes running three different versions of firmware.
i checked on 6.2.3468, 6.2.3675
"TheEndless" wrote:
Now that's curious. I actually tried it before posting and got a failed connection. Testing just now, I got the same. I'm testing on my Roku 4, though, so maybe it's locked down in 7.0...?
You guys are scaring me. I doubt the Co will do something so dickish as intentionally blocking the whole of ECP w/o warning. Does "Roku by Roku" app work with your players? How about remoku.tv and other apps?

Yes, ECP still works. I'm using PuTTY to try and connect, so maybe it's sending a character the telnet connection doesn't like.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos