Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play video and fetch content from the server

Hi,

I am trying to test something. What I want is to have two sections on the screen. Let's say right section is playing the video from the server and left section should be polling the server for some content every few seconds and if there is anything new , it will show that on the left side.

In short, I want two tasks running simultaneously. Is that possible ?? and if yes, how ??
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Play video and fetch content from the server

Look at the custom video player example in the SDK - it shows you how to play a video in a portion of the screen with other information being updated in the rest. Note Roku can only play a single video, or a single audio file at one time - they can't be mixed, and you can't play more than one simultaneously.
0 Kudos

Re: Play video and fetch content from the server

Thanks a lot . I will look into the example right now .
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.