Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stitch1z
Visitor

Paypal for PPV

I am a noob trying to develope a Roku channel. Actually, I am working on the backend while a real developer does his thang on the front-end.

It is a PPV model like EZ-TAKES, AMAZON VOD, etc.

I am currently using paypal to process payments on the site itself, and I'm pretty sure that's what EZ takes uses as well. Anyone have any advice on how to link this information (Paypal + User has access to Video "X") on the backend in a way that Roku can translate? To make things even more awesome, the backend is in a wordpress environment. Yay!

Again, I'm a noob with this Roku development stuff.

Did I mention I'm a big breasted pretty girl that's into dudes that know code?

I'm not, but that would be cool, right?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Paypal for PPV

Wouldn't it be cool if someone gave you everything you needed to know to do this? They probably will give you a few hints, but it'd be cool if they did it all wouldn't it? You would probably use a database lookup to see if they should have access to the program as well as a time stamp in the database to tell how long access is allowed to it, now that would be real cool huh?
0 Kudos
stitch1z
Visitor

Would it be cool if I said "Thanks"? Seriously though, I do appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thank you.

I don't expect someone to whisk in and tell me everything I need to do to make it happen. Especially with the Roku development community being as protective as it is with information. Which is just a bit counterproductive to the concepts of both "development" and "community", but it is what it is.

But no, I don't want someone to work on something for free. I was just wondering if using a paypal system for payment through Roku in a ppv environment was even a possibility.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I wouldn't say anyone here is protective of information, just without knowing what system you currently use, there isn't any real way to offer step by step instructions on how to make this happen for you.
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

It looks like PayPal offers a REST style api, if they do, then you should be able to do it although you might have to figure some of the Roku's less well documented cryptographical functions. Just search for PayPal API on google.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
stitch1z
Visitor

Thanks guys! I will look into it and post anything I come up with.
0 Kudos